Monday, June 29, 2009

Well marking continues - almost done.  11 papers to go.  So sick of marking.  Children at daycare today.  Must get things done!  So much to do.  I feel like the White Rabbit!  

Am going to a tax seminar next week.  How exciting!  Well it is for me!  Very very interested to see who or what turns up.  It is in Canberra - more than three hours drive away so I will be spending the night before in a HOTEL on my OWN in the city.  I booked a room with a spa so I can have a nice time.  Will get there at 2PM on the dot so as to enjoy spa and quiet and stuff.  

Meanwhile my eldest learnt an important lesson.  Don't be cruel to animals or you lose your friend (the other mum and I agreed that ending the play visit was the most appropriate punishment).   Interestingly they both blamed each other for the idea but of course it was the stupidity of two silly boys together that caused the idea. 

2 comments:

belsum said...

We're working on animal cruelty with Kirk right now. Maybe "cruelty" is too harsh a word. But still. He isn't the nicest human to one of our cats. He'll push her off the couch when she's sleeping peacefully and the like. Strangely, he's nothing but sweetness to the other cat.

Elen said...

It seems to be a tricky lesson. Normally Ryan is just thoughtless - chasing the cats because he wants to give them a pat or cuddle (not their idea of fun). But this time they stuffed the big cat into a plastic box and put the lid on it. If we hadn't noticed and realised she could have suffocated.

I am guessing maybe there is a rivalry going on with Kirk and the targeted cat. He's trying to push her down the pecking order and himself up??