Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Envy

I try not to envy others.  Not for any spiritual reasons but because you never know the full story - what sacrifices were made, what choices wished to be undone, not really.  
But boy I felt it tonight.  A friend from high school has just made partner at one of the major firms.  International firm.  Not in my area but hey partner is partner.  She has a child, a mortgage (although it must be getting smaller by now) looks great, travels heaps and has a husband with a demanding career.  But to do what she has done - and she deserves it - she would have not done what I did.  Work part time.  
I bet she didn't play Bob the Builder crossover with Lego Lightning.  I did.  
Playing Bobs is the right thing to do.  Isn't it?  

2 comments:

belsum said...

Amen sister.

Elen said...

You know I always thought I'd be first back at work full time. Then I had my first born. And then I realized I just could not do it. It was my job to be with him. I still needed to work financially and psychologically but I also need to be with my boys.