Friday, June 19, 2009

C is for Car.

Well what a busy day today!  Started out by going to a friend's place to let our boys all run around.  And a small victory was granted today - my friend Kerrie can take my two boys on Fridays for semester!  Such a relief.  I was worried I'd have to back out at the last minute!  Daycare - where they go 2 days a week cannot take them, my neighbour who is very good with kids is unlikely to be able to take them and my usual babysitter/nanny has a class herself that day that she cannot reschedule.   GAH!  But luckily Kerry who is a very nice person can take them!  

The next part of the day after we got home was to drive a 230km round trip to pick up my marking.  Only to leave 1/3 of it behind.  Not. My. Fault.  My boss forgot to give them to me.  And only discovered this when I was 1/2 way home.  He's going to come down tomorrow from Sydney and drop it off for me.  Phew.  I suppose I'll have to clean house for a bit so it's not a total disaster.  

Finally home again and next door for pizza with the neighbour and her three kids.  Sadly it didnt go to well as the kids were all tired and wound up and couldn't quite get along.  I left a rather nice bottle of bubbly there too.  Dammit.  

Now both my busy boys are in bed and I am putting off the marking.  Husband is out with workmates for a drinks/dinner event.   I am seriously thinking of going to bed even though it is only 8:10PM!  


No comments: