Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cooking

I have to cook dinner most nights.  Especially now I have to watch what I am eating.  No more pizza dialed up for dinner.  

Anyway my problem is I have to cook for 2 young children, at least 2 adults and most nights a third adult.   On weekends another adult is not uncommon.  Sometimes 3 other adults and another child.  And everyone has food issues.  Driving me nuts.  As is inventory management.  Almost guaranteed that whatever I decide to cook someone will not like.  And no one apart from my husband is grown up enough (some are real children) just to lump it and eat it.  One of my pet hates is fussy eaters.  Young children I can understand (and have had from time to time) but once they reach the age of reason that is it I am afraid.  Eat your food even if it is not your favourite.  
If someone prepares food for me I eat it.  Even if it was beetroot and brussels sprouts.  Whole.  Boiled.  I'd ask for salt n pepper and condiments but otherwise I would eat it and thank them!!!!  Anything else IMHO is rude!

1 comment:

belsum said...

PB&J is what Kirk gets if he "doesn't like" (ie, hasn't tried) what we're having.